The Adult Education Institution Dante (Croatia) will organise the training event for staff and teachers from the project partners’ organisations. Participants of this activity will be teachers from partners’ institutions involved in adult teaching with a special focus on foreign language teaching for adult learners in order to foster their opportunities to become more competent on the labour market. The aim of this training activity will be to develop skills and competences related to intercultural education, language teaching for adults in the face to face and digital environment. With special focus put on the connection of foreign languages and the labour market.
The main objectives are to:
- develop skills of designing, creating, piloting, monitoring and evaluating a teaching programme based on the Foreign Language Teaching for Adult Learners
- develop skills of using and creating digital tools connected with the implementation of the Foreign Language Teaching for Adult Learners
- define and identify key elements of interpersonal communication
- understand the challenges and improve the skills of working with culturally diverse groups
- understand the challenges and improve the skills of working with low skilled adults
- develop an awareness of working with low skilled adults and its impact on behaviour, especially in communication
- gain practical ideas on how to apply different communication strategies in different environments, especially the ones connected with teaching low skilled adults
- develop team working skills
- develop managerial and marketing skills;
- to improve communication and presentation skills.
It will comprise 5 days workshop based activities (40 hours in total) and it will be held in Croatia. The exact date will be defined during the 1st transnational meeting.
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- recognise different learning styles and strategies of adult learners
- recognise specific learning styles and potential special needs of learners, especially learners in a multicultural environment
- recognise and master group dynamics and heterogeneity of adult learners
- develop critical thinking, reflexivity, and self-assessment
- develop new teaching methods with special attention to teaching language to adult learners
- develop interculturality, entrepreneurship, management, leadership, and transferable skills
- develop skills of designing, creating, implementing, and evaluating a language teaching programme for an A2 – B1 level,
- improve digital skills and use the different digital materials for teaching
- apply appropriate methods, techniques, and motivational strategies for teaching adults
- develop communication and presentation skills
- evaluate the process of learning and teaching
- Implementing Foreign Language Teaching for Adult Learners
- Language and culture
- Intercultural communication
- Learning styles
- Teaching methods and strategies in a multicultural environment
- Digital tools and digital literacy for adult learners
- Monitoring and evaluation
Within each topic, there will be a session on low skilled adult learners.
Type of activities: lectures, group work, individual work. Each partner will send 4 representatives to attend this activity. Each partners’ institution will be free to select the participants for the training event. Partners agree to define and sign a Teacher Learning Agreement with the teachers sent to the training events.